Monday, May 30, 2016

Doesn't it seem like there is a new reason to feel sad each day? One of your friends is planning a baby shower, sending out pregnancy announcements, or having a newly popular gender reveal party.

We're right in the time frame where we would have been finding out if we were having a boy or a girl. In a lot of ways it is easier to not know. On the other hand, it would be easier to grieve if we had more. The not knowing is the hardest part some days.

Each milestone that we were supposed to have. Each moment we will never have.

It has been extremely difficult trying to deal with losing something you never really had. How do you remember your child when the only thing you had of them was a few positive pregnancy tests? I still haven't been able to throw those away.. they're all sitting under my sink.

It becoming harder for me to sit around and act normal around people. Someone will say something about, "Once you have kids....." or "What are you going to do about...when you have kids?" All I want to do is yell at them about how I did have a baby. I loved it more than is even reasonable. I never got to hold it, but I loved and cared about my baby. I got a small sliver of what true happiness feels like. And then it was gone.

It's so important to not take any of this anger and pain out on your significant other. Men feel this pain and loss just as strongly as women do. Yet they have to act like nothing happened and go back to life like it's all fine.

My sweet husband has been so strong and steady for me. But once in a while I'll catch a small glimpse of his pain. He hides it so well, and my heart breaks for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment